Friday 22 June 2012

The day I met Carrie Underwood

Hello. So on Wednesday (20th June), I met Carrie Underwood. Yes. Carrie Underwood. The “Queen of Country”. Or as now I would refer to as the-most-beautiful-amazingly-talented-person-alive. I’m writing this blog on the Friday after as, since meeting her, I haven’t been able to stop obsessing over her and haven’t really found the time to write about the experience until now. Since I’m writing this on a Friday, not only have I met and had a photo with Carrie Underwood, I have also seen her live (which will be my next blog). However, let’s start from the beginning..

On Wednesday, the day before her first ever UK concert, I found out via her twitter page that she was doing a CD signing at HMV Oxford Circus. Of course, I went, but as I have never been to one prior to this, I had completely no idea of what to expect or do. I already had her album that I pre-ordered from amazon so I thought I’d need to buy it again from an HMV store so that I’d be allowed in. So I did. Though when I got there, they didn’t check at all. The plus side to this is that it counts to Carrie’s weekly sales, though.

Anyway, I got there at about half past 6, 30 minutes before the signing was to begin as I thought I would be able to get to the front of the queue. However, when I arrived, the whole store was literally filled with Carrie Underwood fans. I had no idea she had so many in the UK! I nervously trotted towards the back of a line just in time to see Carrie Underwood walk on stage. Her natural beauty literally glowing up the whole of the store. She looked absolutely stunning!

15 minutes passed and it was finally my turn to walk up onto the stage. I was unbelievably nervous at this point. I walked up to the desk where Carrie was sat and shyly said “Hi”. She asked how I was but I was too nervous to say anything in fear she wouldn’t understand my accent, so I just smiled and said “I’m great now, thanks”. After signing my CD, she stood up so that we could both have a photo. I got closer to Carrie ready for our photo together, but the camera guy seemed to have a problem. Carrie noticed, too, and said “Just keep smiling”. Unfortunately, I looked away once he clicked the camera so the photo turned out pretty bad (of me). Oh well. I’m hoping I can get the opportunity of meeting her again so I can have a better photo with her.

As I walked off the stage, I was still amazed at the fact I just talked to and met Carrie Underwood. I had been waiting for that moment for so long and it finally happened. Walking out of HMV, I grabbed my phone straight away and called my mum. I walked down Oxford Street towards Oxford Circus tube station, completely oblivious to everyone’s else presence on the street, as I told my mum all about how beautiful and kind Carrie is in real life. Once I got home, I had still not been able to talk about her and I couldn’t believe the fact I had just met her.

Throughout the rest of the evening I listened to all of her CDs and admired my photo of me and Carrie (I did watch Eastenders too which managed to take my mind off Carrie for a moment, how evil is that Michael?!). Surprisingly, I did manage to get to sleep that night at around 1am, so that I was up early enough to prepare myself for the concert the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment